JOB- Editor-in-Chief, Human Rights Center (HRIDC), Tbilisi
Posted by: Margareta Sarishvili <firstname.lastname@example.org>
The Human Rights Center (HRIDC) is announcing a vacancy for the
full-time position of Editor in Chief.
Key roles and responsibilities:
* Provide his/her own news and editorial materials, articles to be
published in www.HumanRights.ge (In Georgian and in English);
* Edit online magazine HumanRights.ge
* Plan information policy and management of the magazine
* Cooperate closely with the magazine's strategic planning;
* Prepare analytical reports and journalistic investigations;
* Present monthly reports;
* Participate in the organization's other activities.
* University degree in Journalism;
* At least 2 years work experience in (media) management;
* An ability to write informational and analytical articles in
English in different fields such as social issues, human rights, etc.;
* Understanding of general principles and ethics of journalism;
* High energy and enthusiasm;
* Excellent writing ability in English;
* Ability and motivation to work independently and as a team member;
* Knowledge of MS Office/Internet applications;
* Excellent communication skills.
Salary: 350 Euro.
To apply, please send an e-mail with the following documentation attached:
* Cover letter
* Two names of references with contact details
to: email@example.com no later than October 27, 2008. In the subject
line, please specify the position title only. Only short-listed
applicants will be contacted for interview. Incomplete applications
will be rejected. No phone calls please.
Human Rights Center (HRIDC) is a Tbilisi, Georgia based NGO dedicated
to the defence and promotion of human rights in Georgia. HRIDC is a
member of the International Federation for Human Rights (FIDH), World
Organisation against Torture (OMCT Network), Human Rights Without
Central-Eurasia-L mailing list