FELLOW POSITIONS- Visiting Res. Fellow, Social Research Center, AUCA, Bishkek
Posted by: Ainura Asamidinova <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Visiting Research Fellow, Social Research Center, American University of
Central Asia, Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan
Position: Visiting Research Fellow
Host institution: Social Research Center at American University of Central
Period: From 2 months to 1 year
The Social Research Center (SRC) at American University of Central Asia
(AUCA) is pleased to offer interested scholars (PhD students and
post-doctoral fellows only) the opportunity to conduct research within the
framework of its Visiting Research Fellowship Program at our Bishkek-based
research center in Kyrgyzstan. The SRC is an integral part of AUCA, with the
mission to promote long-term development of the principles and practice of
democracy, rule of law, and social equality in Kyrgyzstan and Central Asia
through carrying out research and policy analysis.
Advantages and opportunities of the Foreign Research Fellowship Program at
- Ideal surroundings: work and conduct research at one of the leading
universities in Central Asia, recognized internationally as a university
based on the American liberal arts tradition of free and critical inquiry.
- Beneficial support: benefit from interaction with the AUCA faculty
members, local/foreign scholars and students.
- Valuable networking: use our networking capacities to establish contacts
with local research institutions, universities, local scholars,
non-governmental organizations and governmental agencies in Kyrgyzstan.
- Perfect working conditions: SRC will provide a study/work space, access to
Internet, computers, printing, copying, faxing, and the university library
The SRC is broadly interested in the political and social development of
Kyrgyzstan, with a particular focus on the following areas:
- Migration: The impacts of external and internal migration on economic and
social development (Kyrgyzstan and other Central Asian countries)
- Corruption (Kyrgyzstan)
- Islam: political and social aspects (Kyrgyzstan and other Central Asian
- Development of civil society organization in Kyrgyzstan
Interested scholars should:
- Be PhD students or post-doctoral fellows
- Offer a research project related to the research interests of SRC
- Be willing to submit two research papers per semester (four months)
>From one month to one year
Number of Fellowships:
SRC can host five Research Fellows at a time.
How to apply:
- Fill out the application form posted on the "Research Fellowship" section
- Send the filled out application form, your CV, and any other information
related to your application to:
Ms. Ainura Asamidinova
Social Research Center
American University of Central Asia
205 Abdumomunov Street
Bishkek, Kyrgyzstan, 720040
or apply by e-mail: email@example.com
Please note that your application will be considered by the SRC
within 2-3 weeks.
For further information:
- If you are interested in finding out more information about current and
previous activities of the SRC, please refer to our website: www.src.auca.kg
- If you would like to find out more about American University of Central
Asia, please refer to: www.auca.kg/
- For further inquires or information on your application status, please
contact Ms. Ainura Asamidinova at: firstname.lastname@example.org
The SRC provides the following logistical support:
- assistance in arranging visas
- support in finding accommodation in Bishkek.
- support in arranging airport pick-ups.
Unfortunately, the SRC does not have the capacity to cover travel,
accommodation, health insurance or any other related expenses.
Central-Eurasia-L mailing list
List Info / Subscription: http://cesww.fas.harvard.edu/ces_cel.html
Change Your Subscription: http://lists.fas.harvard.edu/mailman/listinfo/central-eurasia-l