JOB- Research Project Manager, InterMedia Survey Institute, DC
Research Project Manager: Central Asia Focus
InterMedia Survey Institute is seeking an experienced Research
Analyst/Project Manager who will be responsible for the management of
quantitative and qualitative research projects primarily, but not
limited to, the Central Asian region. This is a highly multifaceted
position with duties including client and subcontractor liaising,
research design, project management, research analysis, report
writing, presentations to clients and proposal writing.
Knowledge and Skills Requirements
- A Bachelor's degree with a quantitative or scientific background is
required; a Master's degree is preferred.
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in research/data analysis.
- Solid knowledge of and experience with quantitative and qualitative
- Proven ability to analyze and interpret data to identify patterns
and solutions, including surveys and focus group transcripts
- Understanding of statistical techniques for the social sciences and
strong quantitative data analysis skills (including frequencies,
cross-tabulations, means tables, multivariate analysis and tests of
- Experience with survey analysis (e.g., SPSS) and MS Office software
- Strong analytical thinking, writing abilities and oral presentation
skills for effective communications in English.
- Ability to make effective presentations through a combination of
research insight, recommendations and use of graphics
- Proven organizational and project and time management skills.
- Ability to work with a wide range of clients and subcontractors.
- Strong Russian language skills.
- Understanding of and experience in Central Asia and/or the former
Soviet Union desired
- Interest in international research, mass media, marketing and
communications in developing societies.
- Ability to travel (approx. 25%).
- Curiosity, depth and commitment to high quality research.
- First-rate interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, proactive problem solver and strategic thinker.
The position is based in Washington, D.C. InterMedia provides a
friendly work environment and a generous benefits package and salary
commensurate with experience. Please send your cover letter and resume
to email@example.com or fax to 202-434-9560.
Central-Eurasia-L mailing list