JOB- Bridge-Blogger, Kazakhstan Neweurasia, TOL
Posted by: Leila Tanayeva <firstname.lastname@example.org>
TOL/neweurasia are seeking to hire a bridge-blogger for its Kazakhstan blog.
The bridge-blogger will be part of neweurasia's international team
scattered across Central Asia, Europe and the United States and help
develop the project in its second year.
- Write 3-4 posts a week on kazakhstan.neweurasia.net and
ru.kazakhstan.neweurasia.net, do translations and bi-weekly roundups
of the Kazakhstani blogosphere
- Do outreach and training on blogging in Kazakhstan
- Promote neweurasia and liaise with media organizations, NGOs and
- Supervise and support a team of volunteer bloggers
- Assist Managing Editor in identifying the best blogs for an award
and training, and in other tasks as assigned (e.g. accounting and
The ideal candidate will be a savvy Internet user/blogger interested
in social media and preferably located in Kazakhstan. The candidate
must have good Internet access and work 20 hours per week. The salary
is $500 per month. The bridge blogger will be required to hold
blogging seminars throughout Kazakhstan, for which some travel within
the country will be necessary. These training events will be
remunerated separately. A bridge-blogger will be provided with a
laptop and a digital recorder for the duration of the project.
- Good written and spoken Russian and English (Kazakh will be an advantage)
- Knowledge of Kazakhstani current events and media situation
- Familiarity with the use of online social media tools (blogging
platforms, aggregators, use of RSS feeds, and tagging) is preferable.
Interest is a must.
- Ability to work independently in an "online team" of colleagues
under minimum supervision
The successful candidate will attend training on new media in Prague,
Czech Republic from 8-15 July, 2007 and a conference in Bishkek (date
to be confirmed). The position is for 11 months, the candidate should
be able to start from June 1, 2007.
To apply, please send your CV and a letter of interest to info @
neweurasia.net with subject line "Kazakhstan Bridge-Blogger". The
deadline for applications is May 17, 2007.
Based in the Czech Republic, TOL (www.tol.org) is the leading Internet
journal and newsmagazine on the 28 countries of Central and Eastern
Europe, the Balkans, and the former Soviet Union.
neweurasia ( www.neweurasia.net) is Central Asia's premier network of
weblogs, coordinated and written by bright young individuals from
Central Asia and the Caucasus together with their peers around the globe.
Central-Eurasia-L mailing list