JOB- IWGIA Russia Project Coordinator on Indigenous Affairs
Posted by: Lola García-Alix <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Russia Project Coordinator
The International Work Group for Indigenous Affairs (IWGIA) is seeking
a Russia Project Coordinator to take up appointment as soon as
possible, and invites applications from suitably qualified persons.
This is a two-years contract position with the possibility of an
extension. The project coordinator will be employed for a minimum of
30 hours a week.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Russia Project Coordinator will have the following duties and
* Implementation of projects in Russia
* Monitoring, evaluation and project support
* Analysis and project development
* Reporting on the Russia project to IWGIA's committees and board
* Fund raising
The Russia Project Coordinator position is based in IWGIA's secretariat
in Copenhagen but regular travel to the project areas is required.
Qualification and skills required:
* A degree in social science
* Working experience from Russia and knowledge of Russian conditions
* Knowledge of indigenous peoples' issues in Russia
* Experience of project administration, coordination and reporting
* Experience in fund raising
* Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written Russian
* Strong organizational and interpersonal skills
* Analytical ability
The Project Coordinator must be able to take part in IWGIA's other
activities, in cooperation with IWGIA's director, the other
coordinators and the administrative staff.
Submission of Applications:
Applications for this position will only be accepted in electronic
format. The letter of application and CV must be in English.
Applications should be sent to IWGIA's director, Lola García-Alix at
Further information about IWGIA, can be found at www.iwgia.org. For
informal inquiries, please contact Lola García-Alix at (+45) 35 27 05 10
or Kathrin Wessendorf at (+45) 35 27 05 02
Application Deadline: 28 January at 12 noon.
Classensgade 11 E
2100 København Ø
Tel.: +45 35 27 05 00 Fax: +45 35 27 05 07
Central-Eurasia-L mailing list